Jumat, 08 Februari 2013

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

Happy weekend, folks!  As I warned, things have been a bit quieter than usual on SiaB this week.  I'll tell you more about my job next week (thanks for all your lovely congrats) - for now, sit back and enjoy a book, a link, and a blog post.

1.) The blog post - You know how great it is when someone loves an author you love?  Even better is when initially they don't, and then discover later that they do.  Harriet rather hated her first experience with Ivy Compton-Burnett (whom, as you might know, I adore).  Bravely, after some encouragement from me and some reading around the blogs, Harriet decided to give Dame Ivy another try.  And let there be rejoicing in the street, it worked!  Let Harriet explain it all, here.

2.) The book - just look what will be coming out in April...

3.) The link - I'm afraid I can't remember where I first saw this (it was on Facebook, let's face [ahem] it) but thanks if you brought it to my attention!  It's 30 of the Most Beautiful Abandoned Places - some really stunning, quite eerie, photos.

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 just 4 book is proudly powered by blogger.com