Jumat, 01 Februari 2013

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

I'm starting a new job on Monday (maternity cover) at Oxford University Press.  It's all happened very quickly - I applied for it two weeks ago - and I'm both excited and nervous.  I might well tell you more about it in the future, once I've worked out how much distance I ought to keep between my job and this blog, but for now I just want to explain why posts will be a bit sporadic for the next week or two, as I get used to a new environment.  But I've quite enjoyed posting every other day, for a bit, rather than everyday - because more people seem to interact with each post that way.

But don't worry, I'm definitely not going anywhere!  Stuck-in-a-Book is still very important to me.

Some quick weekend links...

1.) The book - is Jenn Ashworth's The Friday Gospels, which I'm 50 pages into.  I loved her A Kind of Intimacy, and have somehow still not read her second novel (bad Simon), but have gone straight onto the third, which Sceptre kindly sent me when I sent them a begging email.  It's about Mormons, and is from various different perspectives, all of which are wonderfully realised so far.  More soon...

2.) The link - Radio 4 do a programme all about Nancy Mitford!

3.) The blog post - I'm trying to resist writing about The Lizzie Bennet Diaries again (IT'S JUST GOT SO EXCITING), but I've found my way around that by linking, instead, to Iris's blog post about it, and about Pride and Prejudice's anniversary - have a gander here.

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 just 4 book is proudly powered by blogger.com