Senin, 26 November 2012

My day in books - Cornflower strikes again!


I've been meaning to do Cornflower's My Day In Books - fill in the answers with books you've read this year.  It's tricky, and I seem to have moved to the coast, but always fun!  Do have a go yourself, and check out Karen's original post.  (Where I have reviewed the books, they get a link.)

I began the day by A View of the Harbour

before breakfasting on Brighton Rock

and admiring The World I Live In.

On my way to work I saw Art in Nature

and walked by The Sea, The Sea

to avoid The Wrong Place,

but I made sure to stop at The Other Garden.

In the office, my boss said Gentlemen Prefer Blondes,

and sent me to research More Women Than Men.

At lunch with Spinster of this Parish

I noticed Sweet William

in The Corner That Held Them

greatly enjoying Green Thoughts.

Then on the journey home, I contemplated All The Books of My Life

because I have Enthusiasms

and am drawn to The Uncommon Reader*.

Settling down for the evening, Back to Home and Duty,

I studied Elders and Betters

by I. Compton-Burnett

before saying goodnight to One Fine Day.

*This review is from 2007, but I re-read it earlier this year

◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 just 4 book is proudly powered by blogger.com