Jumat, 05 Oktober 2012

Stuck-in-a-Book's Weekend Miscellany

Another rainy weekend here, I think - but I'll be at work on Saturday anyway, so I feel a bit better about it... hope you have something planned!

1.) The link - is shameless.  I discovered @EmergencyPuppy - basically lots of very cute photos of animals (not just puppies).  If you want a taster, here is the one captioned 'Here is my ball, perhaps you would like it?'



2.) The blog post - I've never entirely worked out how Slaves of Golconda works, or where they got their curious name from, but lovely blogger Danielle has chosen lovely book Crewe Train by lovely author Rose Macaulay for their next group read - ergo, a whole heap of lovely.  Some info here. Discussion starts November 17th, and if you need further persuasion, my review of the novel is here.


3.) The book - came the other day, was left in the living room, picked up by my housemate - and then I heard lots of helpless laughter the other side of the wall!  Just My Typo, kindly sent my Hodder and Stoughton, is a collection of amusing typos from literature, signs, text messages, newspapers, etc... on the first page is a taster of what's to come: "Barney" by Rudge - $1.50.  It's an 19th century American advert... think about it...



◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
eXTReMe Tracker
 

Copyright 2011 just 4 book is proudly powered by blogger.com